CATEGORY: Aromatic herbs
Mountain tea is widely used as herbal beverage. The genus Sideritis Scardica has potential medicinal properties. Greek scientists (Triantafyllou, Kefalas, Tsaknis and others) have demonstrated, in laboratory conditions, the antioxidant power that mountain tea has. It does not contain caffeine and thus may be consumed in large quantities.
- Mountain tea is ideal for treating colds, nasal congestion, respiratory problems and persistent cough.
- Relieves indigestion and stomachache.
- It is a diuretic and helps with kidney stones.
- It is used against diarrhea, colitis and colic ulcers.
- Scientific studies show that it can act preventively against cataracts, thrombosis and hypertension.
- It has relaxing effects, can contribute to osteoporosis, helps with anemia, stimulates the brain, strengthens the immune system and helps prevent cancer.
It can also be consumed in reasonable quantities by children. There are no known side effects.